Hope you are all well and coping out there.
Out of this awful situation, a lot of kindness has emerged. I was horrified to read that in the fifth richest country in the world (yes, the UK), one in five children are living in food poverty. Over a million people will lose their jobs as a result of the pandemic. Making ends meet and feeding your family has never been more difficult. That is why I would like us to support the work of our friends at the Brick. Many families depend on the foodbank run by the Brick. You can drop off donations at Tesco, Sainsbury’s or Asda and from tomorrow, I am happy to deliver items myself. Just leave donations in the school entrance.
If you can find it in your heart to donate any of the items listed below, it would be much appreciated.
- Tinned Meat & Fish (eg. Minced Beef, Meatballs, Corned Beef, Ham, Tuna)
- Cereal (preferably porridge sachets or Weetabix or smaller boxes of cereal)
- Tinned Potatoes
- Tinned beans, soup, tomatoes and vegetables
- Packet/Quick Meals (eg. Pasta ‘n’ Sauce, Pot Noodles, Microwaveable Rice)
- Tinned Desserts (eg. Rice Pudding, Custard, Fruit)
- Snacks (eg. Biscuits, Crisps, Sweets)
- Coffee, tea and biscuits
- Nappies (up to size 5) and formula milk
- Toiletries (eg. Shampoo, Shower Gel, Deodorant, Toothpaste, Toilet Tissue
If you are struggling yourself or know someone who needs help, please encourage them to make use of this community resource: http://www.thebrick.org.uk/project/foodbank-2/
Let’s do our bit to make sure the children of Wigan do not go hungry.